Vancouver Island Tech Comm Café: next meeting June 5, 2018
The next quarterly Tech Comm Café on Vancouver Island will meet on Tuesday, June 5, 2018, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to admin (at) stcwestcoast.ca. The March meeting was fun; we hope to see you at the next one.
Northern Quarter, 1724 Douglas St, Victoria, BC
- Introductions: Take 60 seconds to introduce yourself, your background, current activities. A good chance to try out that new elevator speech.
- Announcements: If you know of an interesting event or a job opening, or you’re looking for work, share it with the group.
- First Discussion: Listen and share what you know about online portfolios for technical writers.
- Second Discussion: Listen and share what you know about chatbots in technical communication.
- Good Questions: Safely ask a nagging question and get a simple answer without judgement. A great opportunity for new writers to gain understanding.
- Wrap-up: Decide on a date and location for the next meeting.
- Open mike: Catch the open mike night at Northern Quarter. Starts at 8:30 p.m.