Write for us
Would you like to build your portfolio of writing samples, work with experienced professionals to polish your writing and editing skills, and display your byline for the world to see?
We’re looking for people to write for our website. Let us know what topics you’d like to cover, or use these suggestions for inspiration:
- Best tools to build your own website (for example, WordPress)
- How to maintain your network
- Review a tool (such as the latest versions of FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or InDesign)
- Review a book or website
- Opportunities for technical communication in particular industries
- Building a client base
- Tips for simplifying social media
- How to get the most out of your STC membership
Tell our Web Editor or Volunteer Coordinator you’re interested in:
- Editing. Help new writers and practise your editing skills by editing articles before publication. Even the best writers can benefit from a fresh eye on their work!
- Public relations. Collaborate with our team to write, post, and publish content about chapter events and technical communication. Gain experience writing newsletter articles, news releases, brochures, posters, and more. Bring your design skills and your ideas!
- Procedures. Help us create or update our volunteer handbook and our in-house instructions for tools such as MailChimp, WordPress, and EverNote.
How to get started