The STC Canada West Coast chapter offers easy access to the world of technical communication. As working professionals in the field, we know what it takes to make the transition from student to established professional.
- Join STC and our chapter, and you can take advantage of our members-only job posting service to receive local postings as soon as they’re available.
- Read our career-development articles and other resources to find information about résumés, interviews, job-hunting, and the tools of our trade.
- Use the salary survey conducted by Canadian STC chapters to find local pay rates and demographic information to help you set your own rates.
- Meet working professionals in the field at our various events, webinars, and regular chapter meetings.
- Use our Information Interview Service to talk with a senior technical communicator about getting started and working in our field.
Showcase your writing
- Write for our website. Gain experience writing, researching, and organizing information, and get a byline.
- Use your finished articles to build your portfolio and enhance your résumé.
Become an STC member
- As a student member, you’ll get benefits such as full access to members-only information on the STC website, free webinars, and much more.
- Every year we pay the full cost of student membership for up to ten qualified students. The deadline for applications is in November and winners are announced in December. Contact us in August if you’d like to apply.