STC Canada West Coast is proud of its long history helping the technical writing community. The chapter is a great place to learn new skills, advance your career, network with other writers, and give back to your professional colleagues.
We’re grateful for the support of enthusiastic members, volunteers, and non-members who keep the chapter thriving. We wouldn’t exist without you.
Would you like to get involved? We’d like to hear from you. We welcome anyone who’s interested in technical communication, whether you’re just starting out, making a midlife career change, or looking to keep in touch after decades in the field.
Let us know if you’d like to:
- Volunteer. Work with experienced colleagues to learn new skills, gain leadership experience by coordinating a project or team, or help new people get started by teaching them what you know.
- Write for our website. Build your portfolio, have your work reviewed by experienced editors, and get a byline to include on your résumé.
- Network over coffee or dinner.
- Attend workshops and webinars to learn about new tools, techniques, and skills— or volunteer to help us plan events.
- Receive email updates about upcoming workshops, chapter news, networking events, and other activities.
- Join the STC for additional benefits such as job postings, reduced entry fees for events, and discounts on products and services.