When you belong to STC and the Canada West Coast chapter, you’re connected with other technical communication professionals in British Columbia and internationally. Membership helps you become a more valuable resource and pushes your career forward.
Benefits of membership in STC Canada West Coast chapter:
- Attend monthly chapter meetings and increase your industry knowledge at a reduced rate. Non-STC members are welcome, but admission discounts only apply to STC members.
- Receive discounts to chapter workshops to enhance your professional development.
- Network with other technical communicators at all chapter events.
- Join the STC Canada West Coast Job Bank. Job postings are sent to members 2 weeks before they’re posted on the website!
- Attend local special-interest group events and joint events with other organizations. Receive e-mail notices about chapter activities and other events of interest to technical communicators.
- Post your résumé to the STC Canada West Coast Contractors Directory, an online directory where members can promote their services. Anyone seeking a technical communicator for a project can browse the directory.
Benefits of membership in STC International:
- Join international special interest groups, which facilitate the exchange of information and expertise with technical communicators worldwide.
- Receive discounts to STC’s professional development webinars.
- Receive discounts to the international and regional conferences, which provide excellent opportunities for professional development, education, and networking with leaders in the field and other communicators working in all levels of our industry. Proceedings of past conferences are also a valuable source of information.
- Read Intercom, the STC’s monthly magazine, which provides practical examples and applications of technical communication. Online access to archived issues is also available to members.
- Access the International Career Center, which includes an international jobs database. Members can also post their résumé either confidentially or with their name listed for potential employers to read.
- Access the international online STC membership directory to find other technical communicators worldwide.
- Access salary surveys the USA.
- Enter your work in competitions, which are held and judged locally and internationally to recognize excellence in technical communication.
- Subscribe to the quarterly STC journal Technical Communication, which brings members the latest news and research on trends and technology.
Visit the international STC website for more information about the benefits of membership!
It’s important to keep your address and contact information up to date. To change your mailing address or e-mail address, please notify the STC head office at +1 (703) 522-4114.
If you’re a member of the Canada West Coast chapter, don’t worry about notifying us about address changes. If it’s updated at STC International, it’s updated with us!