You’ve got talent, we’ve got connections.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and interest in joining the STC Canada West Coast volunteer team! Network with colleagues, share tips and tricks, contribute to a world-wide professional organization, and expand your work experience.
Six benefits to helping out as a volunteer:
- Network with other qualified industry professionals
- Learn and develop leadership skills
- Expand your career options
- Enhance your resume
- Increase your exposure in the profession
- Gain satisfaction from teaching others
Curious? Take a look at some of the projects our volunteers are working on now:
- Programs – Build teamwork skills as you organize and recruit for program nights, professional development events, and social events. Expand your network —chat with members and guests when you staff the registration table and mingle with the audience and speakers at the monthly chapter meetings and special events.
- Public Relations– Collaborate with our team to write, post, and publish content about chapter events and technical communication. Gain experience writing online newsletter articles, news releases, social media posts, and more. For resources on our writing guidelines, please refer to the STC Canada West Coast Style Guide and STC Writing and Submission Guidelines documents.
- Student Outreach – Encourage students to join the STC, gain professional credibility, learn more about our field and meet mentors.
Join us. Membership is optional.
New members have told us that they initially volunteered with STC to become familiar with the organization and technical communication, and then became members because they valued the STC experience. Volunteer to practice new skills, collaborate with peers, and—if you’re job-hunting—make yourself more visible as you enter the workforce. Take advantage of seasonal, discounted membership pricing. Students always receive a discounted rate!
Contact volunteer (at) stcwestcoast.ca to sign up for opportunities that interest you. Or, let the volunteer coordinator know where your interest lies — we’re always looking for new ideas and for people to make them a reality.
We look forward to working with you.